Broadcast Associate, 60 Minutes
CBS NewsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, CBSN, CBSN Local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, CBSN, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations also produces the award-winning 60 MINUTES for Paramount . CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBSN, CBS News Radio and podcasts, CBS Mobile, Paramount and other digital platforms. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast network.
60 Minutes is seeking a Broadcast Associate whose job will be to provide administrative assistance to a 60 Minutes Correspondent. The ideal candidate is smart, enterprising, highly organized, and able to multi-task; they possess strong communications skills, good knowledge of news and current events, and a keen attention to detail.
• Handle all administrative duties for 60 Minutes Correspondent
• Manage and coordinate Correspondent's daily calendar while keeping them apprised of changes, messages, and relevant business issues.
• Manage Correspondent's travel schedule while coordinating necessary details with their team of Producers and Associate Producers.
• Book & manage all travel including flights, hotels, ground transportation
• Prepare and manage monthly expense reports and reconciliations.
• Create, modify and format documents electronically including letters, memos, itineraries, and other related documents.
• Assisting producer teams in preparing for shoots, including assembling research binders, printing questions, and anticipating production needs
• Helping to gather and clear archival material from CBS and third-party sources
• Screening and logging footage
• Must have experience as an administrative assistant as well as a background in journalism
• Must be willing to work overtime and some weekends, as needed
• Must be able to able to work under deadline in a fast-paced environment