CBS NewsStudio City, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/16/2023 5:39:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Associate Producer jobs in Studio City-NY
Search all Associate Producer postings
Full Time Job
CBS News is seeking a smart and capable Social Media AP with a passion for news to join our team and help us optimize the biggest stories of the day for publishing on social platforms.
• This will require a candidate with strong editorial judgment and enough social media expertise to recommend the best treatment for each of the various social platforms.
• Produce and edit videos that will engage audiences on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and YouTube â€'' often utilizing in-platform tools and features to render the text and graphics more authentic to the audiences we are trying to reach.
• Have an eye for the most shareable nugget (quote, moment etc.) from larger events, which can be broken out as a separate story; and the ability to produce that story in either text or video form, as the situation dictates.
• Write share language for captions and titles that is simultaneously concise and shareable, yet fully in context and in line with the CBS News brand.
• 1 to 3 years of social media or newsroom experience.
• Degree in journalism, communications or related.
• Deep familiarity with social media platforms and audiences.
• Well-versed in the best practices of Twitter, Facebook, TikTok and Instagram, as demonstrated by his or her active social media profiles.
• Strong editorial judgment and social media expertise to recommend the best treatment for each of the various social platforms.
• Must have experience covering breaking news.
• Demonstrated interest and proficiency in politics and current events.
• Strong writing skills with demonstrated portfolio of published work.
• The ability to write about politics, social issues and foreign affairs in a strong, yet unbiased way.
• Ability to work well with others under tight deadlines. Must be fast and responsive when news breaks in the political arena.
You will work Thursday-Monday, 4p-12a ET (open to remote). You will also be expected to work some holidays and shift your schedule as needed.
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
Hiring Salary Range: $48,800.00 - 62,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.