CBS NewsSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
KPIX 5 is looking for an associate producer who will innovate and help create compelling newscasts
tailored for a sophisticated audience.
Overview and Responsibilities
• Associate producer will write and edit content, pitch story ideas, produce segments, write teases, booth segments.
• Serve as the fill-in producer as needed and assist producers with the production of broadcast and streaming newscasts.
• Responsible for producing shows and segments with a sense of urgency, energy and pacing.
• Respond aggressively to breaking news.
• Make editorial and content decisions in accordance with department guidelines and standards.
• Write news stories and teases in a straightforward, active voice, conversational style, with accurate grammar and spelling
• Optimally coordinate with field crews and editors
• Build news graphics
• Edit video to station standards making accurate use of shot sequences
• Monitor news wires, social media, and feed sources for updated information
• At least 2 years line producing with a consistent track record.
• The personal and professional maturity to direct and lead a staff of experienced reporters,
• writers and editors.
• Excellent writing and production skills.
• Eagerness to incorporate new media strategies and technologies.
• Desktop editing required.
• Related College degree and/or equivalent preferred.
Must be able to sit at desk for long periods of time and operate keyboard.
Hiring Salary Range: $75,000.00 - 90,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.