CBS NewsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
CBS Saturday Morning is seeking an inquisitive, creative, and enterprising Associate Producer with strong research skills and proven writing experience to work at CBS Saturday Morning! The ideal candidate will have a firm command of journalistic standards, a keen attention to detail, and excellent newsgathering skills.
This role is responsible for helping discover, write, and produce feature packages. The ideal candidate will have field experience and knowledge of working with high-profile guests. They must also have a strong proficiency in visual graphics and elements to support such interviews. Additional duties include:
• Exercise editorial judgment in selection of content
• Write copy for anchor as well as writing for feature and news packages
• Research and write questions
• Pitch & complete special, feature & recurring segments
• Pulling specific video and soundbites
• Coordinating with correspondents, guests, and anchors to inform them on segment subject matter
• Pitch and execute stories
• 4 years work experience in TV news
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, deal with intense deadline pressure, and react with thoughtful programming ideas and creative storytelling
• Strong communication skills
• You are a self-starter while also taking direction from producers and senior producers
• Strong editorial judgement and excellent writing skills
• Understanding of newsgathering and transmission technology
• Strong research skills and familiarity with public and private records databases, such as Lexis Nexis
• Must be willing to work overnights and weekends, if needed
Hiring Salary Range: $56,000.00 - 77,250.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.