Associate Producer, Special Events
CBS NewsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/16/2023 3:58:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Associate Producer, Special Events jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Producer, Special Events postings
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
CBS News Special Events is looking for an associate producer that will be responsible for daily news, breaking news and special report coverage on the overnights. The candidate will be required to work with a team in the control room during breaking news, helping to oversee video and graphic elements and prepare the anchor and correspondents for special reports. This person must be a decisive multi-tasker who possesses strong journalistic judgment and the ability to remain calm in a high-pressure control room setting. They also must be willing to deal with a flexible schedule.
In addition to Special Events responsibilities, this Associate Producer will work with the overnight correspondent to create content for stations, radio, streaming and CBS Morning News.
• Collaborate with the Executive Producer, Senior Broadcast Producer, director and producers on special events coverage
• Coordinate daily responsibilities for the bulletin anchor, which include content for network, streaming, radio and stations
• Responsible for editorial and creative content for breaking news and special reports
• Communicate with anchors, correspondents and the director clearly and effectively
• Coordinate graphics, writing, and all other editorial and production elements for special reports
• 3 years producing experience in a professional newsroom.
• Control room experience for a network, streaming or cable news program is a plus.
• Must have strong news judgment and experience with breaking news.
• Thrives in high-pressure and time-critical situations.
• A self-starter that is also able to take direction from producers and senior producers
• Must be willing to work overnights.
Hiring Salary Range: $56,000.00 - 72,000.00
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education.