Associate Producer - Long Format
CBS NewsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/14/2023 12:46:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Associate Producer - Long Format jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Producer - Long Format postings
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
CBS Reports Associate Producer role will help develop story ideas, fact check, and conduct research and reporting for documentaries.
This person will work closely with our documentary producers to provide editorial information using public records, primary source material, filing FOIA requests, using LexisNexis and proficiency in other methods for research.
The Associate Producer must check facts, assertions, and omissions, and be involved in chasing sources and potential characters for stories in development.
You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced news environment, enjoy being involved in multiple projects at once, and be comfortable picking up the phone to find the best sources and characters for the story. We're looking for exceptional news judgment and an investigator's mind, as well as a creative thinker ready to help producers craft the narrative of the story. The Associate Producer will work closely with the documentary team, so a collaborative spirit is important.
• Conduct detailed and accurate research to identify and develop story ideas
• Assist producers in identifying potential story sources and characters
• Check factual assertions in documentary episodes against primary sources
• Gather and verify facts in collaboration with producers and editors
• Work to ensure fairness and accuracy; correct contradictions and omissions in consultation with producers.
• Pull archival content as needed for documentaries in collaboration with producers and editors
• Work with Rights & Clearances team to verify permissions and use
• Exercise news judgment.
• 3 years of experience in journalism
• Candidates should have strong research-investigative skills
• Experience in database research a plus
• Solid understanding of journalism standards of attention to editorial detail
• Highly organized, with excellent communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
• Ability to work independently and remain deadline-oriented
• Strong time management and ability to juggle multiple projects
• Creative problem solver
Hiring Salary Range: $56,000.00 - 70,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.