Associate Producer, 60 Minutes
CBS NewsWashington, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/30/2022 8:58:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Associate Producer, 60 Minutes jobs in Washington-NY
Search all Associate Producer, 60 Minutes postings
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella.
CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN.
CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com,CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet.
The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
60 Minutes is seeking an Associate Producer with excellent research and reporting skills to work in support of a producer / correspondent team on the broadcast. The ideal candidate must have strong editorial judgment, good knowledge of news and current events, and a keen attention to detail. They should be creative, collaborative, enterprising, and have a track record of working on in-depth, complex investigations. The position is based in New York or DC.
• Working with the producer to pitch and develop stories
• Participating in all aspects of editorial research and pre-production, including reporting stories, assembling research materials, finding interview subjects, conducting pre-interviews and assisting in writing interview questions
• Setting up shoots and interviews, including coordinating travel, logistics and schedules
• Researching, reviewing, and helping clear all archival and third-party material
• Assisting in the scripting process, as directed and when needed
• Fact-checking throughout the process; preparing a footnoted and checked final script before broadcast
and Requirements include:
• Extensive journalism experience, including primary source reporting
• Ability to multi-task and work under deadline
• Willingness to travel, sometimes on weekends and/or extended periods of time
• Familiarity with public and private records databases, such as LexisNexis and Pacer