Associate Producer, 60 Minutes
CBS NewsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CBS News is the news and information division of CBS, dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. Headquartered in the famed CBS Broadcast Center in New York, CBS News has bureaus across the globe and produces influential, critically acclaimed programs providing original reporting, interviews, investigations, analysis and breaking news 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
CBS News provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSN, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and CBS Mobile. CBS News is home to the nation's #1 news program, ''60 MINUTES,'' ''CBSN,'' the 24/7 digital streaming news network, and the award-winning broadcasts ''CBS THIS MORNING,'' co-hosted by Gayle King, Anthony Mason and Tony Dokoupil, the ''CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL,'' ''CBS SUNDAY MORNING, ''48 HOURS,'' ''CBS THIS MORNING: SATURDAY,'' and ''FACE THE NATION.''
60 Minutes is seeking an Associate Producer with excellent research and reporting skills to work in support of a producer / correspondent team on the broadcast. The ideal candidate must have strong editorial judgment, good knowledge of news and current events, and a keen attention to detail. They should be creative, collaborative, enterprising, and have a track record of reporting in-depth, complex stories, including investigations. The position is based in New York.
• Working with the producer to pitch and develop stories
• Participating in all aspects of editorial research and pre-production, including reporting stories, assembling research materials, finding interview subjects, conducting pre-interviews and assisting in writing interview questions
• Setting up shoots and interviews, including coordinating travel, logistics and schedules
• Researching, reviewing, and helping clear all archival and third-party material
• Assisting in the scripting process, as directed and when needed
• Fact-checking throughout the process; preparing a footnoted and checked final script before broadcast
and Requirements include:
• Extensive journalism experience, including primary source reporting
• Ability to multi-task and work under deadline
• Willingness to travel, sometimes on weekends and/or extended periods of time
• Familiarity with public and private records databases, such as LexisNexis and Pacer