Associate Digital Line Producer
CBS NewsSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, CBSN, CBSN Local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, CBSN, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations also produces the award-winning 60 MINUTES for Paramount . CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBSN, CBS News Radio and podcasts, CBS Mobile, Paramount and other digital platforms. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast network.
CBS News Bay Area is looking for an Associate Digital Line Producer to work on CBS News Bay Area's local live streaming network. The ADLP will work with the Executive Producer generating, managing and optimizing live and on demand video content for mobile, desktop and OTT platforms.
Overview and Responsibilities:
The right ADLP will assist with improving search engine optimization, shareability and working with social media team to edit and publish out video.
• Managing interviews and crafting content to be featured on the stream
• Helping to code/stack rundown content and anticipating the needs of the stream with regard to video, graphics, scripts and other elements.
• Helping to coordinate with the Executive Producer during live news events.
• Working with the web team to publish stories and other content to the website
• Recent college grad with 1 years of experience preferred in helping to create and build show rundowns in cable, broadcast or digital environment.
• Ability to work under extremely tight deadlines to write headlines and edit video for live digital broadcast.
• Detailed knowledge of social media and the competitive digital news environment.
• Familiarity with non-linear editing systems and iNews preferred.
• Available for early mornings, nights, overnights, weekends, holidays; this is a 24-hour streaming service.
• Experience with Crispin and iNews is a huge plus.
• Understanding of SEO.
• Must be able to sit at desk for long periods of time and operate a keyboard.