Associate Digital Line Producer
CBS NewsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Hiring Salary Range: $45,760.00 - 61,000.00
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
• Exercise editorial judgment in selection of content.
• Write copy for anchor and reporter voices for live segments/readers as well as writing for feature and news packages.
• Research and write questions for anchors for guest segments.
• Write banners and quotes during breaking news.
• Pitch and complete special feature and recurring segments.
• Edit shows and stories as needed for all digital platforms
• 2 years of work experience in broadcast and digital.
• 1 years of experience in the control room.
• A minimum of 1 year experience in a newsroom
• Basic video editing skills.
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, deal with strict deadlines and react to breaking news with smart programming and creative storytelling.
• Strong communication skills to work optimally with different departments.
• Familiarity and working knowledge of digital video production-related techniques and online content management.
• Knowledge about social media and the competitive digital news environment.
• Familiarity with Inews and Crispin systems
• Available early mornings, overnights, weekends and holidays, as we are a 24-hour streaming service
Hiring Salary Range: $45,760.00 - 61,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.