CBS NewsPittsburgh, PA
This was removed by the employer on 3/2/2023 9:59:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Assignment Editor jobs in Pittsburgh-PA
Search all Assignment Editor postings
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
CBS news has an immediate opening for a hardworking dynamic Assignment Editor. The individual is a highly competitive news professional with a passion for breaking news that flourishes with beating the competition and getting the story. This individuals demeanor is naturally geared towards a â€œget it done point of viewâ€ while maintaining the utmost integrity.
Join the team!
• Lead newsroom assignments, monitor phones, coordinate logistics, monitoring scanners, and social media
• Monitor police/fire scanners for breaking news, work with the Assignment Manager, Managing Editor on story ideas, and expanded coverage plans
• Meet deadlines in high-stress breaking news situations while logistically dispatching crews efficiently
• Dispatch crews to stories and breaking news, using appropriate logistical and journalistic judgment
• Assist in finding stories with an emphasis on our key brand points and tracking stories as they develop
• Handle time and logistics to make sure the selected narratives are covered efficiently with available staff
• Generate original stories and develop follow-ups, track social media for news gathering, update information in assignment desk I-news daybook, maintain contact lists, and story files
• Develop new contacts with government agencies (city, state, federal), and public relations representatives!
• 2 years of television news assignment editor experience is strongly preferred, however, a significant background in print reporting or radio news will be considered
• Must have newsroom experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Work efficiently and proficiently with newsroom personnel and the public
• Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task a must