CBS NewsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CBS News is the news and information division of CBS, dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. Headquartered in the famed CBS Broadcast Center in New York, CBS News has bureaus across the globe and produces influential, critically acclaimed programs providing original reporting, interviews, investigations, analysis and breaking news 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
CBS News provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSN, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and CBS Mobile. CBS News is home to the nation's #1 news program, ''60 MINUTES,'' ''CBSN,'' the 24/7 digital streaming news network, and the award-winning broadcasts ''CBS THIS MORNING,'' co-hosted by Gayle King, Anthony Mason and Tony Dokoupil, the ''CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL,'' ''CBS SUNDAY MORNING, ''48 HOURS,'' ''CBS THIS MORNING: SATURDAY,'' and ''FACE THE NATION.''
CBS News is looking for an experienced art director to join the graphics team. The art director will work closely with the creative director and senior design team, building and implementing graphics for all shows under the CBS News brand. The ideal applicant is a creative individual with a strong design foundation who can handle high pressure situations and tight deadlines. We are looking for solid team members who can work independently as well as within a group structure. Work includes show identity and graphics packages, augmented reality, interactive and explainer-style infographics.
Conceptualizes, designs and builds full show and network graphic packages
Manages, motivates and mentors team members
Visually articulates the overall CBS NEWS brand and secures deliverables on target with creative director's vision
Adheres to CBS brand guidelines, ensuring correct style, images and tone are conveyed
Reviews and approves team member designs with guidance given for further success
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• 5 years of design/art direction experience
• Extensive knowledge of design programs is essential, including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects)
• Knowledge of Viz Artist highly preferred
• Proven ability to produce high-quality creative work
• Understanding of motion graphics
• Proven ability to multi-task and deliver multiple assignments, with compelling creative solutions, under tight deadlines
• Attention to detail and ability to work on-time, on-budget and on-strategy
• Must be open to working in New York
• All candidates must submit a reel for consideration
*Artists must have the flexibility to work all shifts, with possible overtime, including overnights, weekends and holidays