AM Executive Producer
CBS NewsMiami, FL
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
CBS 4/WFOR-TV, the CBS O & O in Miami, market #16, is looking for an aggressive, experienced Executive Producer to oversee our morning newscasts.
Must be able to lead a strong team of enterprise reporters, producers, assignments editors, and anchors. Needs to have knowledge of the morning newscast audience, the challenges presented by this particular time period and the kind of stories that viewers find interesting and compelling.
• The ideal candidate will have passion, creativity, and strong organizational skills.
• Must be a self-starter, be highly proactive; and have a strong editorial voice both in the editorial meetings and in the newsroom.
• Must have strong knowledge of show production; be able to showcase using content and graphics; and be able to execute the vision of the television station consistently in the newscast.
• Must have strong writing and storytelling skills, as well as a strong ability to copy edit reporter scripts.
• Must have a strong understanding and ability to incorporate the web into daily coverage.
• The ideal candidate is a natural leader.
• Minimum of three years of experience as an Executive Producer preferred.