4.03G Audio Technician
CBS NewsIrving, TX
This was removed by the employer on 6/8/2021 6:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for 4.03G Audio Technician jobs in Irving-TX
Search all 4.03G Audio Technician postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a 4.03G Audio Technician?
Full Time Job
CBS News is looking for a creative and dedicated full-time News Audio Technician. We are seeking someone extremely proficient in field production/live broadcast audio. Must possess excellent people skills, a strong work ethic, and a great attitude. A passion for story telling is absolutely essential.
• Familiarity with audio for video workflows for live broadcast remotes, multi-camera sit-down interviews, walk-and-talks, phone line interfacing for live audio transcription, IFB, PL, timecode workflows, mix-minus/mix-plus audio routing, and portable mixer/recorders
• Work creatively and collaboratively with Camera Operators and producers to establish sound production practices for the delivery of content within news and topical programming.
• Perform daily set-up operations and continuously monitor audio levels from all sources to ensure consistent quality in accordance with established industry standards and guidelines.
• Pro-actively and as directed, maintain the integrity of all associated audio and support equipment, notifying operations management should anything require repair or replacement
• Work with technical and news staff to satisfy production needs for live and taped and programming.
• Take ownership of situations and lead issues to resolution.
• Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Communications) or equivalent work experience required
• Two (2) years of related A1 experience in live, multi-camera field production.
• Fully knowledgeable in all aspects of operation and maintenance of the audio systems including but not limited to: audio mixer/recorder, RF microphones and IFBs as well as other audio or communication related support systems timecode generators, double-system sound sync, routing mixed/split mixed audio for multi-camera interviews/live remotes via cable snake or RF link, portable recorders, wiring lavalier microphones for on camera correspondents and guests.
• Must be self-motivated, proactive, collaborative and possess a high level of creativity to tell stories with sound and images.
• Qualified applicants must demonstrate and maintain an understanding of established industry standards, equipment and quality control
• Excellent interpersonal & communication skills required
• Must be a collaborative team player who works well with others, in a fast paced, dynamic field environment
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and set / strike production gear
• Must be available to work weekends, long hours or varying shifts when necessary to meet production and broadcast deadlines, 24/7 all kinds of possible weather conditions.
• Travel for production (hostile environments are possible. Training provided)
• In depth understanding of newsgathering technologies: Multi-camera interviews and remotes.
• Proficient with streaming technologies Dejero and LiveU.
• Applicants must provide a link to examples of their recent work.