Wga Digital Line Producer
CBS NewsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/16/2021 7:59:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Wga Digital Line Producer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Wga Digital Line Producer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Wga Digital Line Producer?
Full Time Job
CBS News is the news and information division of CBS, dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. Headquartered in the famed CBS Broadcast Center in New York, CBS News has bureaus across the globe and produces influential, critically acclaimed programs providing original reporting, interviews, investigations, analysis and breaking news 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
CBS News provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSN, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and CBS Mobile. CBS News is home to the nation's #1 news program, ''60 MINUTES,'' ''CBSN,'' the 24/7 digital streaming news network, and the award-winning broadcasts ''CBS THIS MORNING,'' co-hosted by Gayle King, Anthony Mason and Tony Dokoupil, the ''CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL,'' ''CBS SUNDAY MORNING, ''48 HOURS,'' ''CBS THIS MORNING: SATURDAY,'' and ''FACE THE NATION.''
CBSi is currently seeking a smart, creative, and enthusiastic Digital Line Producer with a strong passion for news and broadcasting with a self-starter mentality. This position includes anticipating the needs of the show such as, news content and its distribution, with regard to graphics, scripts and other elements while also taking direction from senior producers.
• Closely coordinates with the Senior Producers and Line Producers during live news programs; may have editorial decision making for breaking news coverage in communication with Management and technical team, when applicable (e.g. overnights and weekends)
• Writes headlines and edits video for live digital broadcast while working with video editors and social media team to edit and publish out video
• Helps run, optimize and time live and on demand video content for mobile, desktop and OTT (Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire) platforms
• Executes rundown creation and programming for weekend programming and special programming (i.e., originals, marathons, special events)
• Works from the control room to guide CBSN in and out of breaks and live/recorded content
• Manages content during the day once it is recorded, and helps determine when it will run in future hours
• Edits packages from Newspath and other wire content and push to playout system during the overnight
• Must have minimum of 2 years' work experience in Cable, Broadcast or Digital.
• Must feel comfortable in a fast-paced control room.
• Need to be knowledgeable about social media and the competitive digital news environment.
• Familiar with Avid editing systems and ENPS.
• Available for overnights, early mornings, nights, weekends, holidays. This is a 24-hour network.
• Strong writing skills, accuracy, organizational skills and attention to detail is a must
• Time Management skills and works well in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
UNDERSTANDING OF SEO
Work well in a team environment and have the ability to multi-task
Ability to use video, graphics and other elements to enhance coverage of every story
Experience coordinating reporter hits, as well as, research and booking
This is a position covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the WGA-E