Vice President, Content and Executive Producer
CBS InteractiveBrentwood, TN
This was removed by the employer on 6/8/2021 6:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Vice President, Content and Executive Producer jobs in Brentwood-TN
Search all Vice President, Content and Executive Producer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Vice President, Content and Executive Producer?
Full Time Job
Vice President, Content and Executive Producer For 247Sports
The Vice President, Content and Executive Producer for 247Sports will oversee all content and initiatives for original production and storytelling. This person will be centralizing the creative processes, strategy, execution and distribution of content. Responsibilities include oversight of the strategy, development, and budgets for the portfolio of sites. This person will work closely with a CBS Sports team and content leaders, to ensure collaboration and clear communication of the 247Sports content process and strategy across the organization.
The leader will be charged with developing and implementing the content strategy with editorial teams and content teams across the company. The position will manage a team recruiting experts, writers, editors and producers who will oversee the production and publishing of content. It is crucial that this person be able to work collaboratively across the organization to manage, resource, and streamline 247Sports content efforts.
• Develop a 24/7 Sports college sports content strategy, ensuring alignment with content leaders across CBS Sports Digital and other storytelling teams within the larger CBS Sports infrastructure.
• Collaborates with key stakeholders, producers, editors including CBS Sports HQ and CBS Sports teams to ensure the depth and breadth of reporting and storytelling is represented and aligned with our main news desks.
• Work closely with marketing and distribution teams on new launch plans to expand the audience across the larger portfolio.
• Maintain alignment in our strategy and operations to ensure that the content is reflective of, and relatable to, all members of our college sports communities.
• Determine and implement a process for greenlighting 24/7 content from editorial to podcasts to live streaming and build more VOD franchises.
• Proposes, assigns, and oversees editing for all video extensions including working with team sites to develop a strategy and execution plan.
• Reviews content, quality and production of programming by staff, contributors, and freelancers to ensure consistency with the same standards and practices across the entire 247Sports network of content: team sites, live streaming network,editorial, VOD extensions - all editorial, video production and distribution.
• Work closely with CBS Sports and MaxPreps production teams to assign production resources for live network production.
• Leads a team for the planning and production of a live streaming network that includes current 24/7 programming, VOD and the development of new sports and storytelling college sports content with a heavy focus on Recruiting.
• Provides creative and editorial guidelines to anchors, talent, guests and production teams to enhance the overall quality of content.
• Works with talent, anchors, producers, reporters and editors to strengthen news and conversational storytelling skills.
• Engage, inspire and lead our content teams and team sites; understand the business goals and workflows; and envision how content intelligence can further enable their success.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field
• Minimum of 10 years of progressively complex related editorial, video or related journalistic experience, with a thorough knowledge of writing, TV production and producing original content.
• High level expertise to create and produce compelling sports content and programming; able to generate and produce content from inception to execution.
• Expert knowledge regarding all aspects of production from podcasts to TV and publishing infrastructure.
• Strong knowledge on growing audiences across social and digital platforms.
• Has expert mastery of the production processes and the ability to produce at the highest level of sports programming.
• Deep passion and mastery of a wide range of subject areas related to college sports.
• Expert knowledge of what story ideas and concepts to use for college sports content.
• Collaborate directly with functional heads across the business to develop and drive sophisticated, global strategies for growth and engagement.
• Strong journalistic and editorial instincts; exceptional writing ability.
• Strong familiarity with 247Sports and CBS Sports content across all platforms.
You might also have:
• Master's degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field