Technical Ad Ops Specialist-Sports
CBS InteractiveRemote, US
This was removed by the employer on 6/8/2021 6:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Advertising Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Technical Ad Ops Specialist-Sports jobs in Remote-US
Search all Technical Ad Ops Specialist-Sports postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Technical Ad Ops Specialist-Sports?
Full Time Job
CBS Interactive is looking for a hardworking and highly motivated Ad Operations Specialist with strong analytics implementation skills, technical aptitude, and critical thinking to join our CBS Sports Digital Group!
The Ad Operations Specialist (AdOps) is responsible for creating, implementing, testing and trouble-shooting digital tracking initiatives based on the requirements provided by clients, internal strategy, analysts, vendors and developers. Using that information AdOps will set up online tracking and then monitor the results for all invested partners. Need to be accustomed to working in a dynamic, time-compressed, high-tech environment and completing a variety of tasks in parallel. Since this individual will be working with both external clients and vendors, along with internal teams, excellent communication and documentation skills are a requirement. This individual will draw heavily on their expertise, resourcefulness, web development knowledge and implementation experience to successfully complete their assigned tasks in a timely manner.
This role requires strong attention to detail, ability to examine critically, resourcefulness, a curious nature, and effective project management skills. The Ad Operations Specialist will take ownership of flawless online advertising campaign executions across a myriad of placements and platforms including: display, video, mobile, OTT. You will be the main point of contact for ad serving inquiries, campaign management, troubleshooting and any other technical campaign related issues that arise with changing technological and advertising landscape. Ability to break down and communicate complex technical, operational information to non-subject matter experts is a big plus. You possess a technical aptitude to bridge business needs and technical functionality, strong problem-solving skills, and meticulous organizational skills. With a curious mind and passion to understand all aspects of the digital advertising landscape, you are self-starting and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and excel in effectively prioritizing and managing multiple advertising products!
• Knowledgeable in web tracking technologies, related tracking platforms and upcoming trends in the space. Required to learn new technologies and systems as the need arises.
• Work on various web tracking initiatives with the responsibility of clearly setting and communicating expectations with all partners.
• Establish and successfully handle implementation timelines.
• Ensure projects are on track, so that accurate information is reliably captured and provides the necessary insight to inform the agency's digital marketing strategies.
• Proactively conduct in-depth quality assurance through the use of debugging and analytical tools to ensure data accuracy and hygiene.
• Lead in troubleshooting known or suspected problems with the tagging/tracking technology used in implemented projects.
• Partner with Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Sales to provide operational support for revenue growth, publisher initiatives, and product innovations.
• Collaborate with engineering and product teams on ad script logic/ad call placement to fulfill testing, QA, and ad server configuration related tasks
• Create protocols and lead testing at various stages of development to ensure ad experiences function across platforms and experiences
• Translate requirements into defined solutions that operationalize complex programs and resolve ad issues
• Communicate internally regarding strategy and business needs and create tracking plans to support those endeavors.
• Maintain documentation of bugs, workarounds, and enhancements
• Work under tight deadlines and have strong attention to detail.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Minimum of 1-2 years in digital advertising operations, web tagging and/or tracking
• Preferably 3 years in the digital space
• Excellent documentation, organizational and communication skills strong attention to detail.
• Ad Ops, tracking and tagging expertise in one or more of the following:
• Display (Google Campaign Manager, Google Ad Manager, Sizmek, Facebook, media vendor pixels)
• Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
• Web Analytics (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics)
• SEM (AdWords, Gemini, Bing)
• Audience Insights pixels (DataLogix, BlueKai, Quantcast)
• Debugging processes including usage of tools like Charles Proxy
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Proven ability to see the ''big picture''-- Recognize and prioritize concurrent projects with different timelines to maximize revenue and client satisfaction
• Demonstrated ability to think critically and solve complex problems independently
• Possess strong organizational, verbal and analytical skills
• Solid project management experience (e.g. Atlassian, Asana, etc.)
• Understand key performance goals and metrics for various advertising executions
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications particularly Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, and formulas)
• Experience with Jira, Basecamp or like systems
You might also have -
• Familiarity with SQL
• Experience building first-party and second-party data strategies including creation of hierarchies and first-party data segments
• Affiliate marketing
• Knowledge of Programmatic advertising