Summer Paid Intern - Video Software Engineer
CBS InteractiveRemote, US
Full Time Paid Internship
Do you have a passion for Sports? Do you love to code? If you answered yes, then CBS Sports may be looking for you! CBS Interactive Advanced Media provides live and on-demand video to hundreds of colleges. We are part of CBS Interactive's portfolio of multiplatform brands, which includes CBSSports.com, premier Fantasy offerings, high school sports leader MaxPreps, 247Sports, Scout, and Sportsline. CBS Interactive Advanced Media is looking for an experienced Software Developer for our engineering team.
We are seeking a highly motivated software engineering intern to join our robust forming video engineering team. This role will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of the CBS Sports Digital live and on-demand video streaming platforms.
• Collaborate with the team to maintain existing product features
• Support and improve core software infrastructure that powers live and on-demand video workflows
• Coordinate with various internal and external business and technical partners to categorize and analyze our digital video content library
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
• Full-time, 40 hours per week
• Previous exposure to structured Software Development Lifecycle processes and procedures
• Technical analytical, debugging, and problem-solving skills
• Strong desire to learn new technologies and techniques
• Proven organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
• Currently working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related software engineering field
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or boot camp
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Experience working with AWS services like Lambda, DynamoDB, and API Gateway
• Experience doing application delivery at an online company in digital media or in the telecommunications industry or at a broadcast company
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.