Summer Paid Intern - Software Engineering
CBS InteractiveRemote, US
Full Time Paid Internship
Personalization team located in NYC responsible for user recommendations & subsequent growth of various ViacomCBS family of brands on mobile, web and OTT/connected TV digital platforms with direct impact on the business by driving more viewership and increased retention. Our mission is to deliver personalized recommendations for the users, provide deep insights to the business using cutting edge technologies based on machine learning.
In this role you will be collaborating with architects & senior engineers of the team to build and evolve our current data / ML pipelines, delivery of services and cloud infrastructure.
• Work with senior engineers to develop & enhance data pipelines, tools & services.
• Develop software in Python / Java that is modular, scalable, stable and optimized code using TDD methodologies.
• Perform data preprocessing steps like cleaning, reduction, normalization, transformation, feature extraction and analysis.
• Participate in design and code reviews with other engineers, giving and taking feedback.
• Work with technical and non-technical staff to translate functional requirements into technical requirements for execution.
• Support existing services and data pipeline, triage defects and perform root cause analysis with various members of the team.
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
What you bring to the team:
You have –
• Passion for software development
• Essential skills include a demonstrated ability to write clean and modular code in Python / Java.
• Basic knowledge of data processing / analysis tools & libraries like, pandas, matplotlib, spark, jupyter notebooks etc.
• Good understanding of software development paradigms like functional programming and OOAD.
• Fundamental knowledge of modern software delivery practices like CI/CD (using tools like Jenkins, shell script etc and various build pipeline automation tools)
You might also have –
• Interest & knowledge in Machine Learning, understanding of supervised / unsupervised / deep learning techniques.
• Any knowledge & experience in ML libraries like Scikit learn, gensim, Apache Spark, Tensor flow, Pytorch etc.
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or bootcamp
• Must be at least 18 years old
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled