Summer Paid Intern - Social Media
CBS InteractiveRemote, US
Full Time Paid Internship
Summer Paid Intern - Social Media, CBS All Access / Paramount
Our social teams are responsible for developing and producing compelling stories-as told through video, editorial, and social platforms-that promote programming across the ViacomCBS portfolio. As CBS All Access transitions to Paramount in 2021, additional programming opportunities will include a long list of titles from CBS, MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, BET, and the Smithsonian Channel. Regardless of the medium, our team also optimizes the best of CBSi's content to drive fan acquisition, engagement, and retention by using data analytics, analyzing the competitive landscape, and recognizing opportunities for innovation in this always-on world!
The Social Media Intern will support the CBS All Access / Paramount social media team in the ideation and execution of social strategies to support Original Series and the brand overall. Duties include: the creation and curation of social assets, copywriting, participating in brainstorms, and general administrative duties.
• Support the launch and in-season social strategy for platform Originals
• Draft social copy for posts & track performance of social content
• Help build a hiatus content plan for Originals between seasons
• Create GIFs and other assets optimized for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Stories
• Participate in team brainstorms and script readings
• Help develop social plans for interactions with talent, be it in-person or virtual
• Research and compile examples of innovative, engaging social content to present to the team
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
• This internship is full-time, 40 hours a week
• A robust understanding of publishing on various social platforms and nuances of the end-user experience on each
• Experience building social media assets like GIFs, images and polls
• Strong copywriting skills and an adaptable writing and content style for a range of genres
• An active interest in television, pop culture, and/or digital media
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, or boot camp
• Must be at least 18 years old
• 1-2 years prior social media experience
• Experience working in the entertainment industry or agency
• Basic Adobe Photoshop and/or Premiere skills
• Basic knowledge of Canva
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.