Summer Paid Intern - Mobile Engineering iOS
CBS InteractiveRemote, US
Full Time Paid Internship
When All Access was launched, CBS became the first broadcast company to create a paid service without partnering with a paid cable provider. In short, we broke new ground in the industry by providing robust, interactive services with unprecedented access to local content. At the same time, we built an innovative and exciting work environment to inspire and reward the cutting-edge ideas, creativity, and technical/operational expertise of our managers and employees. Now, we've expanded even further with the addition of Parmount Plus into our portfolio.
• Responsible for the technical development, debugging, and delivery of best-in-class mobile applications.
• Ability to work across a wide range of projects, each with specific functional and feature requirements.
• Collaborate closely with product managers, user interface designers, platform engineers, and multiple groups across CBS to define and implement product features.
• Build high-level user interfaces using rapid prototyping methodologies.
• Work with internal technical teams to identify and build platform elements required to support key mobile product features.
• Implement upgrades, rebuilds and additional porting of applications.
• Juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results-oriented environment.
• Results-driven, able and willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
• Build strong working relationships with coworkers, customers (internal and external), and company management
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
You will work as part of a scrum team to deliver on projects and features for our in market iOS and tvOS applications. You will get experience opening, working on, and closing Jira tickets. You will also submit code via git to a collaborative repository where your code will be peer reviewed and merged. A team lead will work with you on these and other aspects of the scrum process to ensure success.
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
What you bring to the team:
You have –
• Good understanding of iOS platform including Swift development language
• Sound programming fundamentals: experience working with memory management, pointers, arrays, dictionaries
• Ability to work well with other non-technical members of the development team
• Ability to work in a cross-functional team alongside other developers contributing to the same code base library
You might also have –
• Experience working with developers on other platforms to resolve requirements
• Continuous Build & Test Automation experience
• Demonstrated ability to build intuitive user interfaces for mobile applications
• Experience working with entertainment, games, news, or sports-related properties preferred
• Understanding of tvOS development environment
• Exposure to json parsing
• Exposure to SwiftUI
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or bootcamp
• Must be at least 18 years old
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled