Summer Paid Intern - Masters News Digital Marketing
CBS InteractiveRemote, US
Full Time Paid Internship
We are an enthusiastic group focused on innovating and marketing the newsroom of the future across multi-platforms. Our ideal candidate is passionate about the news industry, has strong analytical skills, and is interested in working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
CBS Interactive is looking for a highly-motivated college student looking to gain experience in the News marketing & partnerships space this summer. You will be a part of a team that supports CBSN, our free, live, 24/7 streaming news network, cbsnews.com, and the CBS News app. You will be involved with day-to-day partnership management with device partners such as Amazon, Roku & Apple and distribution with external partners.
We are looking for someone with a passion for News and keen attention to detail/organization. You must have excellent communication skills, a willingness to take on a range of challenges in the marketing space and enjoy a fast-paced working environment.
• Assist with the launch of an all-new brand campaign helping to track the distribution of assets across all platforms
• Work on organic marketing campaigns to drive brand awareness and live streams of CBSN & the CBS News app.
• Help with the development of tracking & reporting as it corresponds to each marketing campaign
• Assist with the distribution efforts of tentpole events and live breaking news on external partner sites.
• Collect marketing materials such as screenshots, video/audio clips and help contribute to campaign post-mortems
• Keep a pulse on industry updates and competitor campaigns for a better understanding of landscape
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
• Full-time, 40 hours per week
• Strong communication skills – verbal, written, and presentation
• Strong proficiency in MS office applications, especially PowerPoint and Excel
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills – ability to analyze and make recommendations
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Self-directed/self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who has a passion for News, digital platforms, and new technology
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, or boot camp
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Be enrolled and in the process of earning your MBA
• Have experience working in the television/OTT industry
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.