Summer Paid Intern - Masters Digital Strategy
CBS InteractiveRemote, US
Full Time Paid Internship
CBS Interactive's Data and Insights Group owns (and is accountable for) the data and insights supply chain, from measurement operations, to data management, to reporting and analysis, for all divisions within the company. The goal of the department is to design, acquire, and analyze data sources and research that help effectively grow the CBS Digital Media Brands, widen the distribution of its properties, identify and grow target audiences, and develop new revenue opportunities.
The Digital Strategy team within the Data & Insights Group is a highly visible unit that is responsible for helping senior leadership better understand and respond to the various forces, trends, and dynamics shaping the rapidly evolving streaming landscape.
Role Details:We are looking for a smart and capable digital strategy intern to join our team. This exciting internship opportunity will provide the intern with a chance to work on a wide variety of strategic projects that will affect long-range strategic planning for CBS Interactive. It will culminate with an opportunity to conduct an in-depth analysis of a key competitor in our industry that will be visible to various senior partners. Ultimately, this internship is designed to provide a rich understanding of the streaming landscape, and how a media company uses research and data to chart a strategic path forward!
• Assist Senior Manager, Digital Strategy with critical strategic projects for senior management including competitive analyses, partnership opportunities, strategy presentations, modeling, etc.
• Capture significant market data by mining analyst reports and 3rd-party research from companies like E-Marketer/Juniper Research in order to help inform strategy across various business units/models
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
• Full-time, 40 hours a week
• Currently working towards an MBA in Strategy, Finance, or similar concentration
• Strong passion for entertainment/media and technology's impact on the industry
• Strong quantitative skills & data-driven mentality
• Self-starter mentality with a desire to proactively uncover compatible strategic intel
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or boot camp
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Sound understanding of finance and quantitative modeling skills preferred
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.