Summer Paid Intern - Machine Learning
CBS InteractiveRemote, US
Full Time Paid Internship
The Applied Machine Learning Group within CBS Interactive's Advanced Technologies division focuses on building and scaling machine learning systems for direct-to-consumer products.
Interest in applying machine learning e.g, supervised methods like SVMs, random forests, deep learning & reinforcement learning, to existing products and services to improve their effectiveness and the overall user experience across our digital properties. Leverage datasets like traffic/video/ consumption data from Adobe Analytics, purchase/subscription data, and third-party data sources, to model, analyze and predict user behavior. Interest in machine learning products from conception through delivery and monitoring.
• Develop highly-scalable and reliable machine learning solutions to improve user experience.
• Investigate new ways machine learning can improve products and determine viability of solutions
• Keep up with machine learning research and commercial product offerings across a wide variety of machine learning fields including NLP, recommendations, image and video.
• Participate in code reviews
• Effective communication is critical as this is a distributed team
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
• Full-time, 40 hours per week
What you bring to the team:
You have –
• Knowledge of supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques
• Have experience in data collection, aggregation, analysis, visualization, and modeling for data science projects
• Proficiency in Python and associated machine learning packages is a must (tensorflow preferred), experience with a Python web framework (Django/Flask) is preferred
• Communicate concisely and persuasively with engineers and product managers
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or bootcamp
You might also have –
• Experience with Tensorflow Extended (TFX), KubeFlow and related tools
• Experience using project management tools like those from Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence)
• Familiarity with version control systems (Git and Bitbucket)
• Experience using Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery, ML Engine, and APIs)
• Background in NLP or text mining techniques is a plus
• Background in deep learning is a plus
• Familiarity with Kubernetes and cloud deployments
• Experience with elasticsearch
• Desire to contribute to the open-source community (i.e., blogs, source code, etc)
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.