Summer Paid Intern - Digital Content Editorial
CBS InteractiveRemote, US
Full Time Paid Internship
Summer Paid Intern - Digital Content Editorial , CBS / CBS All Access / Paramount
Our editorial team is responsible for developing and producing compelling stories-as told through video, site, and social platforms-that promote brand awareness and programming for CBS and CBS All Access, which will transition into the launch of our new streaming service, Paramount , in 2021. Once launched, Paramount will include a long list of current and original series from CBS, MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, BET, and the Smithsonian Channel.
Regardless of the medium, our team also optimizes our content to drive fan acquisition, engagement, and retention by using data analytics, analyzing the competitive landscape, and recognizing opportunities for innovation in this always-on world.
The Editorial Intern will support the team in tasks related to the creation and publication of editorial content across a variety of platforms, including (but not limited to) CBS.com, SVOD, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more!
This position will report to a Senior Editor.
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines.
• Full-time, 40 hours per week
• Work closely with the Editorial team.
• Utilize strong copywriting skills and an adaptable writing and content style for a range of genres.
• Conduct research for use in developing CBS / CBS All Access / Paramount promotional content for site, video, and social media platforms.
• Familiarize yourself with content-mainly across CBS / CBSAA / Paramount , but also including priority titles on other ViacomCBS brands-to contribute to brainstorms and initiatives around timely and evergreen content.
• Research best-in-class editorial content from competitors and other media sites, and report findings.
• Write evergreen content and news posts for CBS.com.
• Review published content for errors on-site, mobile, and social media.
• Do keyword research for SEO enhanced headlines, subheads, and slugs.
• Edit/prep key art and images for online publishing, as needed.
• Collaborate on special projects, as assigned.
• A keen eye for detail and a thirst for accuracy.
• Sharp writing, copy-editing, and fact-checking skills.
• Experience with content management systems and/or managing web content.
• Highly organized and a stickler for deadlines and fast turnarounds.
• Excellent communicator attuned to email etiquette, Slack/virtual conversation, and asking for further direction/clarity when needed.
• An active interest in television, pop culture, journalism, digital media, and/or content marketing.
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, or bootcamp.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Your own blog, website, or writing portfolio to share.
• Experience with Photoshop.
• Basic knowledge of how to analyze data and how to use it to inform content strategy decisions.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.