Summer Paid Intern - Data Analyst
CBS InteractiveRemote, US
Full Time Paid Internship
Data plays a central role at CBS Interactive. Our Business Intelligence team is a crucial part of driving business, product, and operational decisions by providing rich data, strategic insights, and analytical products. We are looking for an intern who is passionate about data and entertainment, who thrives in a dynamic, and fast-paced environment.
Our team is responsible for identifying business, editorial, and product opportunities, challenges, and trends and communicating those findings effectively to a variety of partners within and related to CBS Television Distribution (CTD) Digital. CTD Digital produces and leads an online portfolio that includes Entertainment Tonight, Inside Edition, The Drew Barrymore Show, StarTrek.com, and others. It also includes an AVOD streaming service-ET LIVE-serving pop culture news and shows 24/7.
The team is looking for a creative and curious analytics intern with the ability to deliver meaningful insights, strategic perspective, and impactful recommendations. Projects may include AB test experiment design & analysis, revenue optimization reporting & analysis, eCommerce report design, analytics dashboard development and/or improvements, social and marketing analytics, and day-to-day business intelligence tasks
• Identifying, pulling, cleaning, and validating data
• Analyzing data to answer questions, identify trends, and find compelling stories within
• Providing insights and recommendations through reports, presentations, and data visualizations
• Working closely with other BI and Data team members to set requirements and tackle problems across a variety of projects and properties
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
• Full-time, 40 hours per week
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, or boot camp
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Have some experience and/or understanding of web-based analytics tools - Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, etc.
• With direction, you can do basic analysis of a data experiment including variance and significance testing, regression analysis, and predictive modeling
• With mentorship, you are able to identify interesting insights, tell stories with data, and provide actionable insights
• You can demonstrate knowledge in performing basic analysis in spreadsheets, compiling data and applying functions, and creating charts
• Experience with SQL query and GCP data tools
• Worked with scripting languages like Python or R
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.