Summer Paid Intern - Cloud Engineer
CBS InteractiveRemote, US
Full Time Paid Internship
ViacomCBS Technology has a Cloud First strategy which entails not only migrating workloads from virtually all ViaCBS physical data centers to cloud. But also includes any net new workload requests to be built natively in public cloud. We believe an intern will be helpful to achieve our aggressive objectives as well as potentially create a connection that will help fill future full-time roles we have on the Cloud Engineering team.
• Review Dome9 Security reports for ViaCBS Cloud Accounts and collaborate with InfoSec to remediate High Severity issues
• Build Terraform modules to deploy infrastructure in AWS and Azure following ViaCBS automation standards
• Work with application developers to deploy applications to Kubernetes Container environment
• Work with Cloud Cost Optimization engineers to identify opportunities for Cloud Optimization and implement strategies to reduce Cost while keeping application functionality constant''
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
What you bring to the team:
You have –
• Experience scripting in shell, PowerShell, Python, Ruby or Perl
• Strong knowledge of AWS, Terraform, Vault and Kubernetes
You might also have –
• Knowledge in Jenkins, AWS Security and Configuration Management Tools like Puppet, Chef.
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or bootcamp
• Must be at least 18 years old
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled