Summer Paid Intern - Business Intelligence
CBS InteractiveRemote, US
Full Time Paid Internship
Business Intelligence is part of the larger Data Insights Group (DIG) team, and is a diverse and agile group responsible for supporting a variety of partner teams with data, insights and guidance. This role will specifically be in News, one of the three CBS Digital Media properties, headquartered in New York, New York.
The role will require the candidate to successfully document, complete and present a data analysis project.
In addition to your project, you also have the following responsibilities:
• Create as well as assist in setting up reports and dashboards to track critical metrics and drive executive decisions, overall editorial strategy and product development.
• Generate Adobe Omniture dashboards (specifically in Workspace) based on business needs, maintain delivery.
• Create Excel-based and Tableau dashboards
• Write advanced and custom SQL for data extraction
• Automate processes and report generation using custom SQL, Tableau and other SQL-based stored procedures.
• Assist in conducting ad-hoc data analyses, particularly but not limited with the clickstream dataset
• Cater to JIRA tickets
• Build presentations catered to each audience, present and follow up as necessary
• Assist the Product team by catering to data requests and providing insights
• Assist the Marketing team with guidance on future campaigns, return on investment estimations as well as post-campaign reporting.
• Help the Editorial team identify top performing display and video assets and provide guidance in daily meetings.
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
• Full-time, 40 hours per week
• Proven organizational skills, and the ability to multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent data analysis and problem-solving skills
• Strong Excel skills required; pivot tables a must
• Advanced SQL Knowledge
• Advanced Tableau Knowledge
• Strong Eye For Business
• Python programming experience
• Sound communication skills; both verbal and written skills are critical
• Attention to detail
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, or Bootcamp
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Prior Business Intelligence work or project experience
• Experience with Adobe Omniture tools (SiteCatalyst, Discover, Workspace and Reportbuilder in particular)
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.