Summer Paid Intern - Broadcast Distribution Process & Documentation
CBS InteractiveRemote, US
Full Time Paid Internship
The CBS Broadcast Distribution Group is responsible for the design, build and deployment of distribution technology for the Networks of CBS, CW, Dabl, and PitchBlue Syndication. In addition to distribution systems, the department also supports the internal global Video and Data WANs linking CBS production & News facilities, and the remote venues in support of CBS Sports & Entertainment.
CBS Broadcast Distribution in under the Networks pillar of the ViacomCBS ecosystem. Our mission is:''Delivering the #1 share in every demo across broadcast & cable in the US and providing us strong positions in Latin America, Europe & Asia''
• Consolidate existing disparate operational procedures into coordinated Run Books to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency.
• Organize and publish documentation packages for the ATP interconnection system which services the NY Broadcast Center, LATX, CBS News Washington DC, CBS News London, and CBS News Archives in Metro Park, NJ
• Work with management to refine and implement performance metrics for the department.
• Integration of collaboration tools for the department into the overall ViacomCBS toolset.
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
• Full-time, 40 hours per week
What you bring to the team:
You have –
• Extreme attention to detail
• Any preferred major: Information Systems Management, Communications Engineering, Computer Science
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or bootcamp
• Must be at least 18 years old
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.