Summer Paid Intern - Backend Software Engineering
CBS InteractiveRemote, US
This was removed by the employer on 3/3/2021 7:18:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Summer Paid Intern - Backend Software Engineering jobs in Remote-US
Search all Summer Paid Intern - Backend Software Engineering postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Summer Paid Intern - Backend Software Engineering? Division Overview:
This role is within the Central Video Technology Group which supports all CBS Interactive Viacom brands and beyond, including Showtime. We manage internet traffic for video streaming, measuring the quality of video encoding, and monitoring for video streaming problems. We make sure the internet will not break during the SuperBowl and other large scale events.
You'll be a part of the Video Delivery, Experience (VDE) & Optimization team, working on building, designing, and maintaining software systems focused on Video Delivery.
The successful candidate will be working on developing a customer-facing feature, extending integration tests to validate behavior at both code and vendor levels, and ensuring production quality through extensive stress testing. This means developing custom APIs to improve usability and interfacing with our application backend as well as cross-product integrations within our VDE portfolio. Subsequently, you will work through the process of making your code robust and tested via collaborative code reviews. Ultimately, you will implement system tests to verify your feature in the wild, with exposure to REST, asynchronous code, and validating CDN service behavior programmatically. You will gain knowledge in areas such as Python, AWS, and Azure.
• Work with a Lead Software Engineer who will mentor you during the internship.
• Collaborate with other Engineers to design and develop new features for our CDN configuration operational visibility tools
• Work with other teams who are using our software, troubleshooting issues or scoping out custom work
• Develop functional tests for your work
• Deliver projects for UAT to stakeholders
• Delivery code that has thorough unit test coverage to ensure the quality of our system
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
• Full-time, 40 hours per week
What you bring to the team:
You have –
• Experience monitoring and debugging web applications
• Basic understanding of TCP/IP and familiarity with the OSI model
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or bootcamp
• Must be at least 18 years old
You might also have –
• Experience interfacing with 3rd party APIs
• Experience with AWS - or any other cloud platform
• Experience in designing and delivering modern applications and services with DevOps model
• Understanding of Content Delivery Networks
• Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment systems
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.