Summer Paid Intern - Analytics Implementation Engineering
CBS InteractiveRemote, US
Full Time Paid Internship
Measurement Operations (MOPS), The First Link in the Data Supply Chain Designs and implements solutions to collect data. MOPS connects third party data to internal systems like Adobe and aligns vendor platforms with ViacomCBS Digital reporting requirements by writing tracking specifications and tagging sites and apps to flow seamlessly with engineering systems. This team also expertly manages Adobe and is a resource for solving issues related to accessing and pulling data from the system.
Data plays a central role at CBS Interactive, and as part of the Data & Insights Group (DIG), our Measurement Operations team is a crucial part of our success. It drives business, product, and operational decisions by providing rich data, strategic insights, and analytical products. We are looking for an Analytics Implementation Engineering Intern who is passionate about data and entertainment, and who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The position is anchored in providing accurate and timely data quality assurance and implementing measurement solutions around our growing portfolio of products that offer CBS content on multiple access points, including its growing Originals' slate with shows such as Star Trek: Picard, The Good Fight, and Why Women Kill to name a few.
The ideal candidate should have the interest and ability to take on highly advanced measurement implementations. This requires knowledge of our analytics platform (Adobe Analytics) and the ability to ensure that all implementations conform to our data governance as well as industry standards. The candidate must also possess a solid technical background, superb communication skills, a customer-service approach, and the ability to easily translate business needs to technical requirements.
• Translate business questions from partners into detailed tracking specifications by learning data architecture and how to solution orient designs across multiple platforms.
• Ensure that all new and existing products and features have accurate measurements by validating the measurement on each device and validating that all reports are populating as expected.
• Communicate effectively to end users of the analytics platform on how to retrieve the data needed to answer business questions.
• Play a meaningful role in the enablement of actionable analysis of the company's user experience and audience behaviors across our digital properties.
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
• Full-time, 40 hours per week
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or boot camp
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Statistics, Business Management or Analytics, Engineering, or related fields
• Curious, open-minded, and eager to learn
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences, as well as translating business requirements into technical specs for developers
• Understanding of agile methodology and familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
• Interest in learning about measurement tools (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Comscore, Nielsen) and how those tools can be demonstrated to their full capacity.
• Ability to keep and maintain accurate notes and documentation
• Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions
• Flexible and adapts well to change
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.