Streaming Operations Coordinator - CBS Sports.Com
CBS InteractiveFort Lauderdale, FL
This was removed by the employer on 6/8/2021 6:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Streaming Operations Coordinator - CBS Sports.Com jobs in Fort Lauderdale-FL
Search all Streaming Operations Coordinator - CBS Sports.Com postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Streaming Operations Coordinator - CBS Sports.Com?
Full Time Job
This is a dynamic role that needs a hands-on coordinator to ensure live events are scheduled, configured and run flawlessly across the Sports digital portfolio and on our Paramount streaming service. You will maintain the master streaming schedule for our department and be the ''source of truth'' for all live events streamed by the Sports division. The right candidate will also be involved in setting up events and ensure coverage is properly staffed. The coordinator will closely monitor all live events, ensuring they meet our high quality standards.
Our product portfolio ranges from the full spectrum of collegiate athletics to live CBS Sports events. We need a coordinator who can quickly understand the technical challenges of each.
• Create and update live event schedules, becoming the ''source of truth'' for all stakeholders with an interest in our live events. This includes the product and engineering teams for Paramount .
• Document all on-boarding requirements for new streaming partners and content providers. This includes gathering key technical details on acquisition and video specs, along with all sales/ad insertion details.
• Work closely with our clients to ensure the quality of their product and assist in keeping them updated on new practices and technologies
• Oversee signal acquisition. Sources include cloud and IP connections, coupler, fiber and satellite. Configure streaming profiles based on partner site's specifications.
• Work together with a hard-working team of streaming specialists who are located on both coasts.
• Develop technical PRDs and specs for video workflows. Work closely with our engineering and development teams to shepherd projects to completion.
• Document all events and workflows in Confluence so that information and SOPs are readily available for the full staff.
• Coordinate and manage UEFA soccer games, along with hundreds of soccer matches from partners in Latin America.
• Masters Live, with its four separate live channels.
• SEC Live and College Basketball Live, which are key parts of the CBS Sports portfolio.
• Build out and develop SOPs for the team.
Open to other locations: NY, CT and LA
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• At least 2 years of related work experience streaming live/sporting events.
• A background in broadcast production, including acquisition methods and technologies.
• Strong knowledge of audio and video technologies, including streaming for desktop, mobile and connected TV devices.
• Experience working with JIRA and Confluence.
• Experience collecting and writing product requirements.
• Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
• Willingness to work flexible hours to support events on weekends and in the evenings.
• Must be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Excellent organization skills; must be driven by details.
• Experience using both MAC and PC.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, Google, and SLACK applications.
You might also have -
• A passion for streaming live events and writing product requirements.
• The ability to think strategically and work tactically and independently.
• Prior IT/network set-up experience.
• An understanding of the AWS/S3 Platform.
• A knowledge of .m3u8 streams
• Experience using consumer desktop players like VLC
• Ability to navigate the inspector feature in Chrome or Firefox web browsers.