CBS InteractiveNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/12/2021 5:59:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Staff Writer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Staff Writer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Staff Writer?
Full Time Job
Staff Writer (Wrestling) ComicBook.com
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world's largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive's brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound. Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
Comic.Book.com is looking for a Staff Writer who is hardworking and knowledgeable about the world of professional wrestling, including the different major promotions (WWE, AEW, Impact, New Japan), its wrestlers, on-screen personalities, podcasts and fan groups (Squared Circle, UpUpDownDown, Twitter). Our ideal candidate has played a key role on a news desk covering general news throughout the day, reporting on major events from weekly wrestling programs and monthly pay-per-views all while providing content to our multiple social media outlets! If this sounds like you come join us!
• Report and provide written updates on all things pro wrestling
• Write national features based on interviews performed
• Cover weekly WWE, AEW and Impact televised shows and monthly pay-per-views, recapping events as they happen and fan reactions on social media
• Post within the comment's section of our site and social media platforms to engage with fans by providing news, analysis and insight.
• Build relationships and develop sources in the pro wrestling world to provide premium information and breaking news; ablitiy to discern between legitimate sources/news outlets and fabricated gossip
• Provide original content to help grow our audience and connect with readers
• Work with editorial to provide comprehensive coverage of live, national events
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, or related field strongly preferred
• Professional experience reporting on professional wrestling
• Ability to conduct interviews both in-person and over the phone/Zoom
• Self motivation as well as ability to work within a team environment
ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, CBS All Access, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.