Spring Paid Intern - Sports Data Engineering
CBS InteractiveRemote, US
Full Time Paid Internship
CBSSports.com provides premium online and mobile content to the connected sports fan, including live and on-demand video, in-depth analysis, breaking news, and scores and statistics across high school, college, and professional sports. CBSSports.com is part of CBS Interactive's portfolio of multi-platform brands, which includes premier Fantasy offerings, high school sports leader MaxPreps, 247Sports, Scout and CBS Interactive Advanced Media producing more than 130 official collegiate athletic sites.
For my daily fantasy football lineup, who should I start: Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes? Which 4-game parlay across several leagues has an 8 to 1 odds? As an intern, you will work alongside data & software engineers answering questions like these daily. Using groundbreaking technologies, you'll get to work on exploring, developing & training models with game situations, game conditions and league events data for predictive analytics and other statistical insights.
• Performing exploratory and data gap analysis on core sports data
• Building out real-time predictive data pipelines
• Building out visualization dashboards
• Building out new data features for sports gambling insights.
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
What you bring to the team:
You have –
• A sports fanatic - you are really sad when your favorite team(s) loses, you can break down matchups across different leagues, you have a strong opinion about which activities should be deemed a sport.
• Good understanding of data structures, algorithms, object oriented design and patterns.
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or bootcamp
• Must be at least 18 years old
You might also have –
• Experience with sport data research
• Experience building web applications for data visualization
• Technology experiences with: AWS, SageMaker, Python, NodeJS, Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB & RDS
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.