Spring Paid Intern - Software Engineer
CBS InteractiveRemote, US
Full Time Paid Internship
CBSSports.com provides premium online and mobile content to the connected sports fan, including live and on-demand video, in-depth analysis, breaking news, and scores and statistics across high school, college, and pro sports. CBSSports.com is part of CBS Interactive's portfolio of multiplatform brands, which includes premier Fantasy offerings, high school sports leader MaxPreps, 247Sports, Scout and CBS Interactive Advanced Media producing more than 130 official collegiate athletic sites.
• Do you have a passion for Sports? Do you love to code? Are you a fantasy sports and picks games fan? If you answered yes, then CBS Sports Digital may be looking for you! CBSSports.com is looking for an intern for our CBSSports.com engineering team. To be successful at this job, you need to bring a winning mentality, ability to learn, and technical knowledge of modern JS frameworks.
• Work with a team of developers to build new picks style games for CBSSports.com portfolio of games
• Support new features on existing games
• Support backend processes for Standings and Scores for these games
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
You have -
• Enrolled in a Bachelors in Computer Science program or equivalent
• Mid-level knowledge of React.js
• Beginner level of knowledge of Node.js powered backend systems
• You possess strong initiative and the ability for creative thinking with product development staff plus the ability to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or bootcamp
• Must be at least 18 years old
You might also have –
• Familiarity with code version control system (git preferred)
• Familiarity with full software development lifecycle
• You love sports, play fantasy sports and understand sports gaming
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.