Spring Paid Intern - QA Engineering CBS SportsCom
CBS InteractiveFort Lauderdale, FL
Full Time Paid Internship
CBSSports.com provides premium online and mobile content to the connected sports fan, including live and on-demand video, in-depth analysis, breaking news, and scores and statistics across high school, college, and pro sports. CBSSports.com is part of CBS Interactive's portfolio of multi-platform brands, which includes premier Fantasy offerings, high school sports leader MaxPreps, 247Sports, Scout and CBS Interactive Advanced Media producing more than 130 official collegiate athletic sites.
Do you have a passion for Sports? Do you love to break developer's code, run tests and help ensure quality? Do you like to visualize data? Do you like to code, build cool tools and love to chase down code gremlins?
If you answered yes, then CBSSports.com may be looking for you.
CBSSports.com is looking for a QA / Automation Engineer for our engineering team.
• Design new tools and maintain an existing suite of toolsets, integrate them with various systems through collaboration with engineering teams
• Design new automated tests and procedures - expanding existing test suites
• Maintain and expand existing set of performance monitoring
• Build cool new Bots to detect issues to help improve data quality
• Enhance Bots to alert when they detect real problems
Duties / Key Responsibilities
• Familiar with Browser developer consoles, DOM, and browser page performance metrics (page load speed, etc)
• Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test cases
• Estimate, prioritize, plan, coordinate and execute testing activities
• Design, develop, document and execute automation scripts/tests using open source tools for both web and mobile platforms
• Time commitment: part-time, 20 hours per week during our regular office hours (Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm) but times may vary per team
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
What you bring to the team:
• Knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
• Familiar with GIT or similar source control tools
• Experience with RESTful apis, Bash Shell scripting AND Python!
• Familiar with container technologies, like Docker
• Currently working towards a Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent engineering field
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present and convey technical ideas to a varied technical audience
• You love sports, and/or fantasy sports
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
• Must be at least 18 years old
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled