Senior Manager, Video Quality Assurance
CBS InteractiveBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Truly premium content. At true scale. Only CBSi. CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Overview & Responsibilities
The Video Operations team is responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of VOD and Live content streamed on over 15 platforms. Video Quality Assurance is a very important aspect of the team's success.
We are looking for a Sr. Manager, Video Quality Assurance who performs as a strong leader that can prioritize projects and keep the product performing at a high level. This role will be responsible for leading all aspects of the video QA of every platform for Paramount and CBS domestic and international apps and sites. The ideal candidate will work with senior level management to determine video product and feature launch dates.
• Lead the Video QA team, including the QA roadmap & the teams technology stack.
• Work with product owners and team partners to review new features and build comprehensive test plans.
• Develop the test vision, identifying critical success factors and aligning division / partners.
• Work with video operations and engineering teams to QA and approve major technology and workflow changes.
• Partner and communicate with partners to ensure the team is providing high value, test-related services.
• Own and drive the overall automation strategy for Video QA workflows.
• Refine the team workflow processes and regression documentation.
• Delegate assignments, deadlines and ETAs.
• Perform as a resource and subject matter authority for Video QA questions.
• Recruit, develop, coach and motivate the Quality Assurance contributors.
• Additional other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Scope and develop QA strategy to improve testing time.
• Build out a QA lab and hardware library to support the growing needs of the company.
• Revisit the overall process as well as recommend and implement changes as needed.
• Oversee the testing and release of major upcoming architecture projects.
• 5 years of QA management or lead experience.
• Bachelor level degree or equivalent experience.
• Have worked as a part of an Agile Scrum team.
• Extensive knowledge of the Scrum process.
• Experience with automation and using various automation frameworks.
• Knowledgeable of ticketing and network capture software, such as Jira, Charles, Wireshark, logcat.
• Experience using project management tools like those from Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence).
• Previous experience building highly efficient Quality teams.
• Metric driven; create and manage Key Performance Indicators.
• Have Quality and customer focus.
• Experience with testing and pulling logs from a wide range of mobile and OTT devices.