Senior Manager, Acquisitions and Media Management
This was removed by the employer on 7/14/2021 10:59:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Manager, Acquisitions and Media Management jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Senior Manager, Acquisitions and Media Management postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Manager, Acquisitions and Media Management?
Full Time Job
Paramount , a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from ViacomCBS, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream ViacomCBS Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Overview & Responsibilities:
The Paramount Creative Marketing team is looking for an experienced candidate to lead our Acquisitions and Media Management team! This person will help lead and scale this group to meet our growing needs in these areas as well as identify efficiencies in our process and tools.
Responsibilitied include but not limited to:
• Oversee show production delivery schedules to ensure media assets are available as required to meet our delivery deadlines.
• Confer with creative teams, management, and production company personnel to manage special requests, out-of-pattern production requirements, and content supplier production scheduling issues.
• Collaborate daily with show production to coordinate the delivery of content
• Work with creative teams to acquire and/or license special assets for promotional use
• Lead all aspects of Asset Management and Acquisitions team to manage inventory and archiving of all marketing media assets and maintain a cloud-based inventory database system.
• Oversee the distribution of media assets to all creative and production end-users.
• Interface with various ViacomCBS divisions, outside agencies, and production company personnel to either acquire or distribute media assets or information.
• Develop strong relationships with production companies, post-production facilities, and studios in order to acquire additional media assets not covered by standard agreements, while working to avoid additional incremental costs.
• Determine and detail best practices and efficient workflow
• Coordinate the day-to-day and long-term administration and use of the DAM, including metadata optimization
• Spend significant time with archival material and technology to develop and support good, balanced practices for the digital asset lifecycle to ensure the DAM is used to its greatest potential.
• Own sustainable procedures for contributing, accessing, and using assets; actively track trends in use and needs; and routinely measure outcomes of practices against objectives.
• Lead and develop user training, support, and advocacy efforts around the system and its contents while assisting users with all aspects of the system.
• Lend leadership and creativity in developing and supporting projects that use assets and data while planning and leading growth of the asset collection
• Liaise with key stakeholders to affect successful integration and synchronization of the DAM with other systems, applications, and repositories.
• Partner with the technology department and key stakeholders to plan system customizations, upgrades, integrations, testing, and maintenance; play a central role in vendor communications and management.
• Provide quality control for all metadata schema and standards to assure accuracy and consistency across the DAM; this includes development/or selection and management of content standards including metadata tools, controlled vocabularies, and other metadata standardization solutions.
• 4 years of extensive experience with coordinating the acquisition and delivery of media assets used to produce television network promotional content.
• Knowledge of nonlinear editing techniques, cloud-based Media Asset Management systems, audio mixing, general knowledge of legacy formats, animated graphics, etc.
• Experience with relational databases, digital asset, and content management systems
• Understanding of Digital Asset Management concepts and processes.
• Ability to operate with significant autonomy and discretion.
• Ability to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment.
• Gather, analyze, interpret and apply a wide range of data.
• A highly effective collaborator and influencer with the ability to work with a wide range of personality types.
• Focused and driven to excellence at the accomplishment of all tasks.
• Embraces accountability.
• Proven ability and dedication to working collaboratively and managing others with excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, with challenging and often simultaneous deadlines
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent written, oral, and visual communication proficiencies, including the ability to draft documentation