CBS InteractiveNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/8/2021 6:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Producer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Producer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Producer? CBSN Originals is looking for a Producer to pitch, develop and produce original, engaging half-hour stories for our premium documentary series. We're looking for a proven journalist who also has experience in documentary television and/or filmmaking, with a track record of producing compelling, provocative and intelligent stories.
• Research, pitch, field produce
• Outline and script documentaries
• Light and shoot interviews, b-roll and stand ups
• Direct field DP
• Collaborate with CBSN Originals supervisors during all phases of pitching, production, and post
• Complete media management and organizational tasks associated with production
• Coordinate and schedule productions, including booking travel, hotels, transportation, and submitting expense reports
• Coordinate deliverables after the documentary is complete, including but not limited to: short article(s) about the doc, images from the doc, story summaries, clips for social media and promotion across company platforms, and repurposing materials for other formats across CBS News.
• Producing projects from start to finish
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 5 years of experience in video journalism or documentary production
• Solid understanding of journalism standards of attention to editorial detail and story balance as well as the appropriate use of audio video edits.
• Skilled in building narratives through visual story telling
• Highly organized, with excellent communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
• Ability to work independently and remain deadline-oriented
• Strong time management and ability to juggle multiple projects
• Creative problem solver
• Strong writing
• A passion for bringing news stories and cultural topics to life
• Ability to shoot B-camera when needed
You might also have -
• Familiarity with Adobe Premiere Pro a plus
• Experience with both hosted and non-hosted formats is a plus
• High level of skill with pro cameras
FUNCTION: Editorial/Publishing/Content This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.