CBS InteractiveNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Financial Analyst (CBSi News Digital)
CBS Interactive is looking for a Financial Analyst to join their Financial Planning & Analysis team in New York, NY. The Financial Analyst will support the CBS News Digital Group of CBS Interactive. As part of an aligned FP&A team, the Financial Analyst will report directly into the News Director FP&A and will assist in ensuring the accuracy and integrity of forecasts and budgets, tracking performance, managing monthly operating expenses, and using analysis to assist in driving informed decision making.
• You'll be working closely with the News Director FP&A for the budgeting and forecast of the CBS News Digital group.
• You'll be responsible for creating and maintaining complex financial models to support the budgeting, forecasting and expansion of CBS News Digital business.
• Reconciliation and variance analysis of forecast to actual results. Work with Accounting in preparation for monthly close and analysis of results versus forecast/budget.
• Work with different business partners around the company (HR, Product, Engineering, Marketing) gaining insight and knowledge that could affect forecasts
• You'll create strategic value-added analyses around growth opportunities, expense optimization, and core business metrics and to drive better decisions and results
• Business modeling. Build and maintain brand level capacity models, working with the Business Intelligence and Yield Management teams to source user, customer and monetization.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum of 2-4 years experience in FP&A, finance or equivalent quantitative roles.
• High level of proficiency in excel, experience in preparing complex financial models and manipulating large datasets
• Strong communicator with the ability to moderate based on audience and demonstrate an ability to partner with a range cross functional partners
• Experience in a highly analytical environment
• Strong work ethic, accurate and attention to detail required
• Ability to work quickly and accurately on multiple projects concurrently
You might also have -
• Finance/Economics/Mathematics/Accounting major preferred
• Strong interest in News
JOB CATEGORY: Finance