CBS InteractiveNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/8/2021 1:59:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Associate Producer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Producer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate Producer? The CBSN Associate Producer is a self-starter and someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone with writing chops who collaborates well with our team.
The Associate Producer supports the shows with regard to video and graphics, while also taking direction from producers and senior producers. Primary responsibilities include production of our multimedia content for distribution to all digital platforms including mobile.
• Exercise editorial judgment in selection of content
• Write for feature and news packages, and write banners & quotes during breaking news
• Work with editors to turn around pre-taped segments
• Pitch & execute special, feature & recurring segments
• Support the development and production of digital media exclusive programming, writing and producing assigned features and cover stories
• Edit shows in accordance with our rights clearances
• Support special shows and projects as needed
• Production of our multimedia content for distribution to all digital platforms including mobile.
• Produces live and recorded segments including, but not limited to:
• Writing scripts for anchors, as well as research and write questions for anchors for guest segments
• Crafting and writing copy for graphics (including banners and full screens)
• Pulling specific video and soundbites
• Directing control room team during segments
• Coordinating with correspondents, guests, and anchors to inform them on segment subject matter
• Monitors live events
• Produces copy and gathers elements during breaking news
• Pitches and executes stories
• Produces sponsored segments, including coordinating with sales and originals teams on deliverables
• Writes headlines and captions for segments to be posted online
• Works with Digital Line Producers and editors to clean up and update segments after they air
• May also perform the responsibilities of Digital Associates.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 3 years work experience in broadcast and digital
• 1 years experience in the control room
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, deal with intense deadline pressure and continually react to breaking news with smart programming and creative storytelling
• Strong communication skills to work successfully with different departments
• Extremely efficient with excellent time management skills
• Familiarity and working knowledge of digital video production-related techniques and online content management
• You are a self-starter who supports the shows with regard to video and graphics, while also taking direction from producers and senior producers.
• Available for early morning, nights, weekends, holidays - this is a 24-hour network
You might also have -
• Knowledge about social media and the competitive digital news environment
• Familiarity with ENPS
• Basic video editing skills
• Experience shooting video is a plus.
FUNCTION: Streaming This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.