Summer Paid Intern - Veterans Program
CBS CorporateNew York, NY
Full Time Paid Internship
CBS Corporation recognizes the hard work and dedication it takes to serve our country. We value the skills you developed during your time in the military – leadership, problem solving, teamwork and attention to detail, to name a few. These same qualities are essential to our success as a company. We are committed to fostering an environment that attracts and embraces the brightest minds. We work toward creating a culture that welcomes a diversity of ideas and perspectives while encouraging growth.
CBS Corporation is launching its Summer 2018 Veteran Internship Program for qualified college Veteran students who are enrolled full-time in an accredited university.
Through this initiative, we are committed to supporting the career development of our veterans by offering hands-on experience, career-building workshops, professional development courses and the opportunity to network with the best in our business. Although the following internships (listed below) are based in various departments, the program will be coordinated so participants take part in all of the aforementioned learning opportunities.
CBS Corporation is encouraging Veterans who are current full-time college students to apply. All of the following internships are paid and located in New York City.
Each description provides more detail about the specific internship.
Corporate Tax Department- The CBS Corporate Tax department is looking for Veteran intern candidates who are juniors or seniors and have majors in accounting or tax accounting. They will process accounting information to produce federal and state tax returns, process quarterly estimated tax payments, prepare foreign tax reporting information for various controlled foreign corporations and prepare amended state tax returns that report the results of the Federal IRS audit.
Showtime- Looking for students interested in the entertainment/broadcast industry for multiple areas of the business including Media & Promotions, Advertising, Marketing and Programming to name a few.
Simon & Schuster- Looking for students interested in publishing. Interns are placed within specific imprints or divisions on either the adult or children's side of the business based on interest, experience, academic coursework, and the Simon and Schuster business needs. Past assignments have typically been within editorial, marketing, and publicity departments.
Office Services- The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented, and energetic. Must be a team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment. Responsibilities include:
• Provide administrative support to employees as needed
• Carry out various forms of physical labor, such as moving boxes and executing light inter-office moves, etc.
• Coordinate the shipment and storage of production and remote operation equipment
• Monitor and keep record of external and internal shipments and mail. When necessary, establish communication with shipping carriers of couriers to ensure timely arrival
• Maintain office and pantry supply inventories (stock, organize and clean supply rooms and pantries)
• Make photocopies, send faxes, shred documents
• Maintain general office tidiness
Information Technology- Intern responsibilities will include some or all of the following activities/assignments:
• Perform site reviews of network closets in CBS facilities using a checklist.
• Inventory IT equipment for disposal.
• Collect project task status and update project plans.
• Assist team members with IT equipment installation.
• GPA of 3.0 or above in your major courses.
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
CBS 2 and WLNY-TV: They offer college students the opportunity for paid internships in many of our departments. See below for more details.
Internships available in Medical Reporting, Assignment Desk, General Assignment Reporting, Special Projects, Sports, CBS 2 News This Morning and Meteorology. Most interns will be responsible for logging materials, pitch story ideas, doing story research, assisting on shoots, assisting with pulling footage and archiving.
Work with Creative Services team to create promotional spots for daily newscasts. Logging, researching and assisting on shoots as well as assisting on editing promos/teases. Adobe Premiere experience preferred.
Assist with creating over-the-shoulder, full screen, lower-third graphics for daily newscasts, specials, promotional spots and public service announcements.
- Must be a Veteran or honorably discharged from the US Armed Forces.
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university through December 2018.
- Be able to work 20 to 30 hours per week.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled