Paid Intern - Tax
CBS CorporateNew York, NY
Full Time Paid Internship
Tax Internship (June 2019 to June 2020)
CBS Corporation through its many and varied operations, combines broad reach with well-positioned local businesses. All of which provide the company with an extensive distribution network by which it serves audiences and advertisers in all 50 states and key international markets. As such, the CBS Corporate Tax department offers an outstanding opportunity for an undergraduate or graduate student to begin their professional development with a highly qualified team. This is a paid internship. Those graduating prior to June 2020 will not be considered.
• Process accounting information to produce federal and state tax returns including spreadsheet work papers, as well as process quarterly estimated tax payments.
• Prepare foreign tax reporting information for various controlled foreign corporations.
• Prepare amended state tax returns that report the results of the Federal IRS audit.
• Assist in various tax technology, tax research and tax accounting projects.
• Respond to various tax notices.
• Must be enrolled full time at an accredited college/university
• Undergraduate Junior/Senior majoring in Accounting or Graduate student in a Masters of Taxation program
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Internship Dates: The internship will start on June 2, 2019 through June 2020 (if graduating before June 2020, your application will not be considered). Students must be able to work FT during the Summer (40 hrs/week) and PT (20-25 hrs/week) during the Spring & Fall. Also must be able to work the full academic year.
• Positive attitude and team player with a strong work ethic
• High attention to detail plus great organizational skills
• Must be extremely proficient in MS Excel
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled