Senior Manager, Community Relations
Cavaliers Holdings, LLCCleveland, OH
Full Time Job
Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering unparalleled sports and entertainment experiences fueled by a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We strive to find talent that defines being the DIFF through a ''Care – Lead – Engage'' (CLE) philosophy across all aspects of our business. If this sounds like a culture you can thrive in, and you enjoy working in fast-pace and high energy setting, then we want to talk to YOU!
Under the direction of the Vice President of Community Relations, the Sr. Manager, Community Relations will play an integral role in the bringing the Community Relations and Cavaliers Community Foundation mission statements to life throughout Northeast Ohio.
• Shares responsibilities in the implementation of team's community relations programs and initiatives.
• Develops, coordinates and executes core needs programs, appearances and events in the community.
• Assists in creating and executing the Cavaliers Community Foundation strategic planning efforts.
• Assists in the execution of the fundraising efforts of the Cavaliers Community Foundation, including the 50/50 raffle, auction and a large-scale fundraising event
• Collaborates with the different teams and team members within the organization to provide opportunities to connect with the community in ways that align with the Community Relations and Cavaliers Community Foundation mission statements.
• Manages the relationships with external organizations that are looking to form partnerships with the Community Relations Team and/or seek funding from the Cavaliers Community Foundation.
• Acts as the point of contact with the NBA League Office regarding Cavs Community Relations efforts and assumes responsibility for implementing League initiatives in the Northeast Ohio community.
• Connects with Franchise properties community relations teams to collaborate on programming that aligns with teams programs and initiatives.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field.
• 5-7 years of prior work experience in community relations and event planning in the sports industry is preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Efficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experiencing in interacting with a wide variety of people, especially when interacting with external individuals and/or organizations.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously with great attention to detail.
• Ability to take initiative and work independently to complete tasks in a timely manner.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively along with the confidence to introduce new perspectives and approaches to various programs and events.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.