Charge - Business Development Specialist
Cavaliers Holdings, LLCCleveland, OH
This was removed by the employer on 9/29/2021 4:16:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Charge - Business Development Specialist jobs in Cleveland-OH
Search all Charge - Business Development Specialist postings
Full Time Job
Cavaliers Holdings LLC is committed to delivering unparalleled sports and entertainment experiences fueled by a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We strive to find talent that defines being the DIFF through a ''Care – Lead – Engage'' (CLE) philosophy across all aspects of our business. If this sounds like a culture you can thrive in, and you enjoy working in fast-pace and high energy setting, then we want to talk to YOU!
Job Summary :
The Charge of the NBA G League (the developmental league of the NBA where close to 60% of current NBA players have played) recently announced their new home in downtown Cleveland as part of a new partnership with Cleveland State University and The Wolstein Center, and who are a part of Cavaliers Holdings, LLC, seek a dynamic and experienced sales professional looking to grow their career in professional sports. Under the manager of Business Development, the Business Development Specialist will be responsible for selling and servicing full season ticket memberships, partial ticket plans, group packages, and premium ticket plans at a high level for the Charge, Monsters and Cavaliers. Business Development Specialists will be responsible for prospecting, calling, setting and completing appointments with fans, businesses, and group leaders to generate revenue throughout the season and offseason.
If you are seeking a challenge to make your mark with an industry leader, then the Cavaliers organization is for you! The ideal candidate has a minimum of one year of sports ticket sales experience with a proven track record for meeting and exceeding revenue goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Generating ticket package sales through cold calling, face-to-face appointments, arena tours, and in-game selling.
• Prospecting new season ticket and group sales opportunities.
• Setting meetings with key decision makers of community and corporate groups.
• Developing professional relationships with current clients and generating referrals for additional revenue opportunities.
• Providing a high level of service to all accounts and renewing current members.
• Working all Charge home games as well as some outside events as assigned.
• Staffing ticket sales booths at outside functions including luncheons, business shows, conventions, etc.
• Cross selling and upselling clients into other Cavaliers product lines (i.e. memberships, premium) and other properties' product lines (Cleveland Monsters and Cavs) as well as Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse events.
• Must meet all sales revenue goals and activity metrics such as calls, appointments set, and appointments completed
• Must have a relentless work ethic, positive attitude, and passion for growing a career in professional sports.
• Must have excellent time management skills and ability to handle multiple projects.
• Assist with other duties as assigned.
• Must be available to work nights and weekends.
Work Experience Requirement:
• Six to twelve months related experience and/or training
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
• Previous internship or work experience within the sports industry.
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum of two (2) years of sales experience (ideally with a sports franchise) with a proven track record in a high-volume sales environment.
• Relationship selling experience is a plus.
• Computer literacy required.
• Position requires excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Competitive nature and a contagious, positive attitude.
• Strong time management and organizational skills.
• Exceptional work ethic, strong desire to succeed, eagerness to learn, professionalism and a passion for the sports industry.
• Willingness to work nights and weekends.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.