CastingAboutLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
CastingAbout is seeking a full-time Project Researcher to join us in our Los Angeles office.
• Maintaining and updating our proprietary database of casting and production information.
• Coordinating and cross-checking source data with other Breakdown Services researchers.
• Reviewing and verifying leads from multiple sources.
• Verifying information through direct communication with casting and production offices.
• Creating original content for website (e.g. project log lines, public notes, memos to members, etc.).
• Posting information updates to social networking sites.
• Participating in heated office discussions over lunchtime pizza toppings.
• Fielding inquiries about the service from casting directors, talent reps and other industry pros.
• Other duties as position and company grow.
Qualified candidates will have working knowledge of the theatrical casting process and familiarity with the roles of casting directors, agents and managers, studio execs and actors in the casting process. Attention to detail is a must, as are exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Data management experience preferred. Computer, internet and web browser proficiency required.
$15 per hour. Medical & Dental benefits after first 90 days.
CastingAbout, a division of Breakdown Services, is an online casting and production guide used by actors, talent representatives and industry professionals as a research and marketing tool. We track major film, television and theatre projects casting in Los Angeles, New York and Canada, allowing us to provide the entertainment industry with the most up-to-date snapshot of casting assignments and activity. Our service launched in 2004 as a real-time, online replacement of traditionally printed guidebooks, and continues to grow thanks to our uncompromising commitment to accurate information and our partnership with the casting community.
Breakdown Services was founded in 1971, pioneering the professional entertainment information service industry. With products and services including Breakdown Express, Actors Access and EcoCast, Breakdown Services has established itself as the industry standard for entertainment communication solutions. Headquartered in Los Angeles, the company also maintains offices in New York, Chicago and Vancouver and Toronto, with affiliates in London and Sydney. Breakdown Services acquired CastingAbout in November, 2008.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online