Production Payroll Assistant
Cast & Crew Entertainment ServicesAtlanta, GA
Full Time Job
Cast & Crew's Production Payroll Coordinator is responsible to ensure that assigned and team client payrolls are processed timely and accurately in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
• The Payroll Coordinator processes payroll for assigned shows and is the point of contact for the client in all aspects of payroll
• Provides superior customer service to their assigned clients. Continue to build strong relationships with the clients to ensure longevity
and additional work for the operations.
• All tasks associated with the preparation, processing, and completion of time-sensitive payroll
• As needed will work as a team to assists fellow coordinators and other team members with clients and/or payroll entry depending on
payroll volume and due date.
• Will be able to understand federal and state wage and hour laws and union contracts so that the payroll is processed accurately and
ensures good service to our clients.
• Communicates with clients promptly regarding payroll questions while preparing and processing payroll.
• Performs quality check on payrolls to ensure they were entered correctly according to their specific client protocols (this may include
deductions, manually calculated handling fees, and tax adjustments)
• Ensures that payrolls are approved on time and by assigned due date.
• Shows reasonable judgment and determines when a client issue and/or request and/or question should be elevated to management.
• Coordinates with the accounting department to ensure funds received prior to releasing payroll or prior to releasing a foreign wire
• Facilitates adjustments to rectify incorrectly paid employees, amongst other reasons.
• Responsible for protecting the business and our clients by keeping information confidential and secure.
• Will successfully complete any responsibility of the Payroll Clerk and the Payroll Processing Associate.
• Performing any additional tasks deemed necessary by the supervisor
• Process in-coming payroll, which includes breaking of timecards in accordance with all applicable Federal, Provincial, and Collective
Bargaining Agreement regulations.
• Maintaining accurate and acceptable files on each client/show, in accordance with company policy and procedure.
• Maintain the client relationship as it related to the weekly processing of the client's payroll. This includes responding to questions and
resolving payroll issues
• Performs other related duties and assignments as assigned
• Must have a minimum of 2-5 years' experience in the entertainment payroll industry
• Strong interpersonal skills and effective, clear communication skills
• Positive, nurturing attitude/disposition
• Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
• Ability to work effectively with a team
• Ability to meeting strict deadlines
• Strong working knowledge of PC systems, not limited to Microsoft Office
• Quick learning ability and deep understanding of technical products/systems
• Ability to develop strong working relationships and the ability to work with personnel from all levels of the organization
• Self-motivated, critically-thinking, problem-solving
• Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
Special Working Conditions
• Overtime may be required
• Sedentary: involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Occasionally may involve
exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, or pull.
• Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D; LTD, additional voluntary benefits such as STD, Vision, paid vacation, holidays, and sick pay; 401(k) and employer match, Additional Life Insurance, and other company perks and benefits!
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About Cast & Crew
We enable great content. Films, television, streaming, live events. We make difficult tasks easier - think payroll, human resources, accounting, financial management, and workflow. Great content is difficult enough, so we've built solutions and software and, most importantly, linked everything together through a central hub. In English, that means Cast & Crew solutions talk to each other, making those difficult tasks we listed above a whole lot easier and simpler. We do. So you can.
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online