Cast & Crew Entertainment ServicesBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Entertainment Payroll Manager
Under the direction of the Director of Payroll Operations, the Payroll Manager will perform management support activities for a designated Client Base.
• Responsible for maintaining and processing accurate payroll records and timely payment of hours in accordance with state, federal and contractual requirements for a multi-state payroll.
• Responsible to understand and ensure the accuracy of earnings, taxes, deductions, and benefits payable.
• Ensures the understanding, interpretation and calculation of multiple union contracts. Manages timely and accurate remittances to unions.
• Responsible for maintaining integrity of all data within our payroll system and responsible for any data feeds needed to accurately process payrolls.
• Manages a team of Payroll Coordinators and Data Entry Clerks to ensure we provide the best possible service to our clients. Responsible for mentoring and supporting team in their understanding of our company and how to be effective within the operation.
• Prepare analysis and reconciliation of General Ledger accounts to ensure accurate accounting of all payrolls.
• Performs periodic tax reconciliation functions of monthly tax statements, quarterly wage and tax reports, year-end controls and W2s.
• Oversees and reconciles W-2's, performs research and issues corrections as required. Requests amended filings based upon corrections.
• Coordinates and oversees payroll tax audits conducted internally or by taxing authorities.
• Edits payroll database for tax encoding accuracy with the application of reciprocal agreements and domicile regulations.
• Completes mandatory multi-state reports.
• Handles any client requests for payroll data and analysis reporting.
• Responsible for meeting company standard pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis. Responsible for performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all policies and procedures.
• Will oversee team to ensure that the department appropriately handles garnishments.
• Acts as advocate to any clients to respectfully handle any payroll issues and to ensure accurate and prompt resolution.
• Performs such duties as the position's supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
• College degree or equivalent work experience.
• 5 - 7 years payroll experience and/or equivalent training in a multi-state environment, including experience in processing payroll taxes.
• Knowledge of how deductions are processed, including a good understanding of Entertainment Union contracts.
• Ability to provide outstanding customer service.
• Ability to maintain a very high level of confidentially
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with short deadlines.
• Competence and expertise with computerized payroll systems, time & attendance systems.
• Expertise in use of computer systems, MS software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• General knowledge of accounting.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online