Manager, Original Animated Series
Cartoon NetworkBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Location: Burbank, California, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Current WBD employees will be given preferential consideration for this opportunity.
This position requires the ability to make well-informed decisions on the creative guidance on Original Series for Warner Bros Animation and Cartoon Network Studios. Must be an effective communicator who can foster trust and provide guidance to show creators and their crews, fellow department members, and various departments around the company. The primary focus will be on Kids animation (6-11 and Family).
• Responsible for creative feedback on various series made by Warner Brothers Animation and Cartoon Network Studios, providing approvals and/or notes on premises, outlines, storyboards, animatics, workprints and final episodes. This includes being the conduit for other departments (Standards and Practices, Legal, etc.) for each series.
• Working closely with heads of department, act as creative representative for various series for Franchise Management, Consumer Products, Digital/Gaming, PR, Marketing, Programming, HBO Max and CN International for each series. Provide relevant information such as creative direction, delivery information, stunt opportunities, and character/show positioning to all divisions.
• Special projects as assigned.
• 5+ years of hands-on creative production experience or related areas in animation production.
• Network or studio experience in either current or development in a management capacity.
• Must be very well informed on all aspects of the animation industry including but not restricted to kids entertainment.
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, and a strong knowledge of story.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.