Fall Intern - Entertainment Law
Carter Law GroupRemote, US
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Join the exciting team at the Carter Law Group and gain entertainment law experience while gaining law school credit at the same time! At the end of the internship you will also receive a written recommendation for future job prospects.
Must be local to Southern California or Washington, DC since in person meetings will be at least once a month. Applications accepted through July 31st 2021 and Skype interviews will begin the week of July 18th.
Internship Start and End Date: First week of September through December 10th, 2021.
Weekly time commitment: 10-15 hours per week
Legal Intern will work directly with our principal attorney and television producer J. Carter aka ''AskCarterLaw'' (Ahmaud Arbery IP attorney and former Universal Music Group Attorney) who will supervise intern on legal article writing, research projects and provide the intern with experience reviewing and drafting contracts and intellectual property filings to build that skillset. Intern will also be exposed to other legal business related issues.
Interns are expected to work once a week remotely (for at least 8 hours) and be available for in person or weekly team call. This does not include special events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
-Contributor to Askcarterlaw Legal Celebrity News Blog
-Social media management
-Assistance with LLC formation filings
-Assistance with Copyright and Trademark Filings
-Calls And Emails
Other duties assigned by Principal Attorney Carter (including some assistance with personal injury and immigration matters)
-Published work on an entertainment site
-Hands on legal experience
-Access to celebrity events
- Position Requirements:
• Must be currently working towards a JD at an accredited law school (This is an unpaid internship for credit and experience only)
• Demonstrated academic achievement and interest in the entertainment and media fields.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be a team-player who works well in a collaborative environment.
• Sound judgment and ability to handle confidential matters with discretion.
• Self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to manage multiple projects.
• Solid knowledge of PC/Mac, Microsoft Office (specifically Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word)
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online